Driving Value Innovation
“The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas
in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
(1 Day Workshop)
Background to Polarity Management™
Polarity Management skills provide a model and set of principles which give you a handle on organizational and personal dilemmas or polarities. The principles of Polarity Management™ were developed by Dr. Barry Johnson, organization and leadership development consultant. He is the founder of Polarity Management Associates.
Polarity Management™ helps you distinguish between a problem you can solve and a polarity which is unsolvable. It supplements the problem solving mind set with an equally important paradoxical mind set.
As an Associate of PMA, we offer customized training and development programs on Polarity Management™ that is customized to meet your needs. We will work with you to identify and manage your organizational polarities and integrate them into your strategy process and change management programs.
What you will learn
The objective of the workshop is to provide participants with an appreciation of the principles of Polarity Management™. Participants would learn from real world examples and apply the tools to their own business.
Examples of the application of Polarity Management can be found in these
From Vicious to Virtuous Scorecards ( PDF download ) and
Answer is Yes ( PDF download ).
By the end of the workshop, you will leave with ideas for immediate application and commence your journey to harness differences and manage your personal and organizational polarities or dilemmas. The benefits of Polarity Management™ that you will gain include the following:
- Reducing project costs and implementation time
- Improving organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Minimizing attempts to solve unsolvable problems
- Capitalizing on the strengths of opposing ideas
- Sustaining cultural change over time
- Building cross-cultural understanding in business
- Enhancing relationships with both customers and suppliers.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is open to all levels of an organization, including General Managers, Business Unit Heads, Supervisors and Staff.
- Introduction to Polarity Management™
- Identifying interdependent opposites
- Identifying your preferred pole
- Polarity to manage or problem to solve
- Generic examples: Head v Heart
- Group Exercises
- Nine ways polarities come to us
- Integrating Polarity Management™ into organizational processes
The workshop is offered in small groups of no more than 20 at any time.
Polarity Management™ is a registered trademark of Polarity Management Associates (PMA), USA.